09:00 - 19:00 Registration – Hospitality desk Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel
11:00 - 12:00 Plenary session
Plenary introduction to outline the aim for the policy meeting and set the stage for the policy discussions.
11:00 - 11:10 Norwegian State Secretary at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Hans Brattskar Chair (Chair)
11:10 - 11:20 Dr Barnaba Marial Benjamin, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, South Sudan
11:20 - 11:40 Toby Lanzer, UN Deputy Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Humanitarian Coordinator and Resident Representataive of UNDP in South Sudan
11:40 - 12:00 Introduction of next session and Questions and answers (Chair)
12:00 - 13:00 Lunch
13:00 - 15:30 Parallel sessions
Each break out group to discuss key areas identified in the Washington Call for Action. Introduction by Chair (3 min).
Panellists to present key issues (5 min) each. Discussions to build on draft outcome document (reference document submitted in advance).
Discussions in each panel to be facilitated by Chair and to result in a total of 5 concrete actions for member states, regional organisations, and UN and NGOs. The Chair will present key recommendations of each group in the plenary session. OCHA to support the Chairs to draft action points.
a) How to create a better environment for the delivery of aid (humanitarian access)
- Chair: Jan Egeland, Crisis Action/Norwegian Refugee Council
- Panellist: Valerie Guarnieri, World Food Programme
- Panellist: Erik Marclay, International Committee of the Red Cross
- Panellist: Liv Tørres, Norwegian People's Aid
- Panellist: Gabrial M Yai, Caritas South Sudan
b) Identification of resources needed to respond in the context of worsening conditions
- Chair: Nancy Lindborg, US Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Panellist: Elisabeth Rasmusson, World Food Programme
- Panellist: Kiki Gbeho, OCHA
- Panellist: Perry Mansfield, World Vision
c) Protection of Civilians (Gender-based violence, child protection, respect for international humanitarian law (IHL and relationshiop with UNMISS)
- Chair: Ted Chaiban, UNICEF
- Panellist: Charlie Mason, Save the Children
- Panellist: Luigi Frattini, International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Panellist: Wendy Taeuber, International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Panellist: Tiffany Easthom, Nonviolent Peaceforce
d) Regional refugee situation issue
- Chair: George Okoth-Obbo, the UN Refugee Agency (UNCHR)
- Panellist: Maboub Maalim, Intergovenrmental Authority on Development (IGAD)
- Panellist: Hassan Khaire, Norwegian Refugee Council
- Panellist: Emilie Poisson, ACTED (TBC)
15:30 - 16:00 Coffee and refreshments
16:00 - 17:30 Plenary session
Presentation of outcomes by chairs and agreement on elements to be included in draft statement.
Conclusion by Norway and Mr Toby Lanzer, UN Deputy Special Representative of the Secretary-General
19:30 - 21:00 Reception in the Oslo City Hall
Reception for all participants hosted by the Norwegian Minister of Foreign Affairs at Oslo City Hall.
Buss transport will be provided from the hotel (departure 19:00-19:15), and will also be available for return to the hotel (departure from Oslo City Hall 20:30-21:00).
* Ms Kristalina Georgieva, EU Commissioner for International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Response.
* Ms Lynne Featherstone, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for International Development (DFID)
* Ms Nancy Lindborg, USAID Assistant Admnistrator for the Bureau for Democracy, Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA)
* Dr. Babatunde Osotimehin, Executive Director of the United Nations Population Fund